Welcome to Just Bev Angelic Soaps

Just Bev Soaps and bath bombs are all handmade and homemade!! All our bars are created using essential pure oils & organic ingredients; this allows us to create pure and natural simple soap bars. We make small batches which are pure and because of this no two batches of soap come out the same, even when made with the same ingredients. Making each batch truly unique.



Tuesday 27 March 2012

March

What wonderful weather we are having, the soaps are drying beautifully and love this warm weather as much as me.  March has been full on creating, we have strawberry gateaux with strawberries inside, strawberry cheesecake (admission I forgot the strawbs inside) but it looks and smells great, black forest gateaux. I was worrying about how to do the gateaux, with the edible one you have the chocolate and cherries, so I put cherry smell into the red soap, I love the smell of the cherry blossom we have, then I grated dark chocolate and added chocolate fragrance to the other soap  poured them together over the setting white top and it has turned out brilliant.  We have white soap on the top looking like cream, with red cherries on top, the red and chocolate mingling in the middle and then white cream near bottom.  The Soapworks of America had a challenge and I have swirled soap before but never more than two or three colours, so I did four colours.  It is amazing however I am extremely critical on myself and feel that the mauve is a bit to overpowering, having said that when I made a dark mauve soap before and I thought it was horrid it ran out the door and I had to make more. If I lived in an ideal world I would spend all day making soap.  Today I made three Rose Geranium - one with flowers, one plain, and one with rose petals.

No comments:

Post a Comment