Welcome to Just Bev Angelic Soaps

Just Bev Soaps and bath bombs are all handmade and homemade!! All our bars are created using essential pure oils & organic ingredients; this allows us to create pure and natural simple soap bars. We make small batches which are pure and because of this no two batches of soap come out the same, even when made with the same ingredients. Making each batch truly unique.



Wednesday 16 May 2012

Soaps what else!!  Actually it has been a rollercoaster ride, as something good happens like a superb market on Sat, then they cancel the next big one.  Been working on new web site, looking good and thank goodness the girls are now lending a hand.  My neighbour went off at 4am the other day and the dogs let rip, so I did not go back to sleep.  I sat reading blogs and looking at other soapers.  Found it interesting that one who I know is growing and has been going a few years longer than me. mainly sells fragrance soaps.  I find it interesting that the web pages says about ethical palm oil, but what's ethical about sythetic chemical fragrances on your skin?  However with the escalating cost of essential oil there are more fragrance soaps creeping into my portfolio.  Funny also that those with sensitive skin are so paranoid that they don't believe that they can use anything on their skin that has not been tested and proved by the medical people.  However my eldest gave some neem soap to a colleague, who admitted they nearly did not try it, but they did and they were surprised that not only did it clear up their spotty skin it did not strip or dry out her skin.  So I will go on pushing the natural and telling the truth about the not so natural.  Having said that I made Peony soap, fragrance.  I made it and as I expected it traced very fast, however it did not look right.  I think that the speed of trace, plus the oils were slightly too warm led it to look as if it was separating, so I just prayed.  Today I unmolded it and it is superb, not quite the difference in the two pinks I wanted but a lovely smell.  So I have called it Pink Peony.  I love Peonies and for the first time in three years my tree peony is in flower and the smell is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment