Welcome to Just Bev Angelic Soaps

Just Bev Soaps and bath bombs are all handmade and homemade!! All our bars are created using essential pure oils & organic ingredients; this allows us to create pure and natural simple soap bars. We make small batches which are pure and because of this no two batches of soap come out the same, even when made with the same ingredients. Making each batch truly unique.



Wednesday 10 August 2011

Allergies

I had an email last night from a lady who has an 8 year old who is allergic to most things and like any 8 year old she desperately wants to be like her friends.  She wants bath bombs.  Most bath bombs are made from fragrances which are created in a lab from a base of chemicals.  I can see when I make them the difference, yesterday I had a new smell, smells great, however when making the bath bomb the immediate reaction with the ingredients told me that this was very much one that would cause irritation to any one with a slightly sensitive skin.  18 hours after making them I can still smell it on my hands.  Kids love bath bombs they are great fun so I always say to people let me make them.  If your child cannot tolerate anything, citiric acid softens the water, and bicarbonate of soda has all sorts of healing properties, to this I only add witch hazel so this in a tiny flower bath bomb in a tub of water should not harm.  I use edible powder food colour and very little to which we can make them semll nice with essential oils.  My personal dislike is bubblegum, my kids love the smell and I am so fed up of making it because it sells, but it is so artificial, every time I warm the soap the smell wafts and I can smell that sweet sickly smell that hooks most of the kids.  Rose geranium smells sweet, then there is lemongrass, sweet orange and other essential oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment