Welcome to Just Bev Angelic Soaps

Just Bev Soaps and bath bombs are all handmade and homemade!! All our bars are created using essential pure oils & organic ingredients; this allows us to create pure and natural simple soap bars. We make small batches which are pure and because of this no two batches of soap come out the same, even when made with the same ingredients. Making each batch truly unique.



Sunday 7 August 2011

Fairs and markets

Attended a fair yesterday, it was well off the beaten track in an absolutely idllyic setting, however that means there is not passing trade and people have to make the effort to get there and find the place.  Today had an email roundrobin from the organiser actually having a go at the stall holders saying that they had not put it on enough of their facebook/other places and that each one of them should have brought five people along and then there would have been plenty of visitors.  Whilst I live ten miles south of the venue most of my friends actually live half an hours drive away.  Today we have to take into account petrol costs and would you drive thirty minutes to see a friend at her stall when you could buy a)off her web page or b) when you next have coffe with her?  I think that because of the state of our current financial situation everyone is counting every penny and does it pay to go there or here, do I really want to buy that or not, so consequently customers are really questioning do they want this or that and therefore when they do attend a fair they are cautious about what they spend.  I was actually opposite a very aggressive sales lady who actually hijacked two of my customers whilst they were talking to me and basically forced them to buy her goods then had the audacity to turn around to me and say that I had taken twice what she had taken.  I hate it when people get to aggressive, there is room for everyone and other people choose to sell items that a)have been around for years and b) are made by other people it is their choice just the same as it is my choice to tell people and to be proud of the fact that I buy nothing in except the bases and make everything myself I feel that I am a true crafts person and actually just because I sell more I should not have to put up with people who are aggressive at selling and aggressive to the othere sellers in their room.

No comments:

Post a Comment