Welcome to Just Bev Angelic Soaps

Just Bev Soaps and bath bombs are all handmade and homemade!! All our bars are created using essential pure oils & organic ingredients; this allows us to create pure and natural simple soap bars. We make small batches which are pure and because of this no two batches of soap come out the same, even when made with the same ingredients. Making each batch truly unique.



Saturday 16 July 2011

Fairs

It is getting to a point where it is not becoming viable to do fairs.  If you sell goods priced at a minimum of £10 then ten items you have made £100 if you sell items of £1-3 then you have to sell 100 to 30 to make the money back, it seems to me that fair organisers should take this into consideration but they don't.  One told me put your prices up and then you can pay, so do I then charge £5 a bar of soap and halve the soap at the same time like some hand made soaps or do I stick to my principles of value for money.  Someone told me today that because she sells goods that she does not make she had to pay £50 for a stall, she did not go the fair as it was outside and pouring with rain so she lost the £50.  Would it not be fair to say if it was rained off we will give half back, I totally understand that there has been advertising and hard work gone into it, but if we are not using the marquee and having to take our own gazeboo why should we have to foot that bill.  I am getting to a point where the wholesale is bringing in a more regular income that I am going to look for a shop and stop paying money into fairs that you cannot guarantee the foot fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment